New Deep Conditioning Recipe


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on , ,

No comments

I found a recipe using all natural ingredients as a deep condition for super moisture and softness to the hair. I found it on the very first blog of Black Girl with Long Hair (www.blackgirllonghair.blogspot.com, although she now has a website www.bglhonline.com). The recipe calls for:

bananas
extra virgin olive oil
honey
coconut milk or cream

I did more research and instead of using real or ripe bananas, many have suggested using bananas in the baby food aisle. This way you can avoid having banana particles in the hair after rinsing.

I have decided to try this recipe out. In my quest of trying to find the ingredients, I was able to find everything except for the baby food bananas. All they had were Heinz creamy banana porridge. I was thinking hmmmm, could I get away with this or would this be a bad mistake???

After a lot of thinking and staring at the jar of baby food, I decided that it may not be such a good idea. Although I wasn't able to find banana baby food, I did have a MAJOR breakthrough, I was able to find several and yes several essential oils, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary and peppermint for a reasonable price of just $3 for 10ml. I'm so excited!!!

I am still going to do the recipe just without bananas and I'm going to add plain yogurt in the place of it. I'm not sure exactly how much of each I'm going to use. Once I have tried it out I will post the specifics along with the results.

If you have any other ideas about what can be used as a great moisturizer instead of the bananas or just anything for moisture or anything with the essential oils let me know. I'm always looking for new recipes. Wish me luck!!!

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.