I HATE THAI CULTURE!!!


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments


So yeah the title is pretty harsh I know, but right now I'm HIGHLY HIGHLY upset. So basically I have been having issues with trying to get money home ever since I arrived here. I thought I had it solved when I could just wire money from my Thai account to my WellsFargo account all online. I was like cool beans....I can do it myself. I don't have to be inconvenienced with going to a branch before a certain time or inconvenience anyone else in the states with having to go pick any money up and it would all cost me roughly 20 dollars.



Well the first transaction I made was 20 dollars short. I, of course, attributed this to a miscalculation on MY PART the currency conversion. I made another transaction, this time double checking my figures and making sure that everything was okay. It happened again. So that time I try to get some answers, I call my Wells Fargo bank first and discover that what I see online in my american account is what initially came to them....ok ok...so that must mean that the extra charges occur before it gets to Wells Fargo.



So I go talk to my Thai bank and they tell me that they have to send it to a corresponding bank and it is that bank that charges me the 20 dollars. So I'm like well why didn't you tell me that before you allowed the transaction to go through and they just look at me dumbfounded. They don't offer to refund me my money or to waive the charges for future transactions. They just stare at me as if I'm the dumb one and they're the victims. Again I was highly upset.



So the third time, i start researching trying to find CHEAPER ways to send money home. I check out Western Union, Money Orders, and a couple of other banks. I came across Bangkok Bank and I called the customer service rep and he explained to me how they have a branch in New York and because of that branch I would not have to incur any fees from a corresponding bank because it is the SAME bank just a different branch.



So I'm all excited, I'm thinking finally something is going to go my way. I get to the bank and verify everything the customer service rep told me with the actual bank employee before i made the transaction. Well low and behold 2 days later what do i see in my WELLS FARGO account a nice little transfer that is what...you guessed it...$20 short. I am infuriated and more than perturbed. I go to the exact same branch. I call the customer service center and after an hour of going back and forth back and forth nothing is resolved. They are still looking at me DUMBFOUNDED like I was the stupid one.


















All in all, I was not particularly upset that they charged me more so because they did not INFORM me and instead of taking responsibility for not TELLING me what was really going to happen they just expected for me to deal with it. It is because of this and many other instances that I have realized that the Thai people are not one to take responsibility for their mistakes. They expect for you to accept it for what it is and move on. In America, when the company or person is at fault they take responsibility. If I would have been in America and this would have happened, they would have made up for the difference.









Man I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO THE STATES!!!

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.