My Favorite...James 1


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments

One of the first books I read in the Bible was James of the New Testament. This was recommended to me by someone that it was very near, dear and .... (wish you knew what went there dont you??? lol) my heart. I started reading and I couldn't put it down. Have you ever started reading something or watching something and you just couldn't stop??? This has only happened to me three times. First, when I started reading the Twilight series. Second, when I began watching the Fringe tv series. This book was the third.

I read this book way before I created this site. But when I read I have a tendency to take notes and keep track of the insights, thoughts and questions that come to me as I read. So I've decided to share with you the things I learned and felt I should implement into my life. This particular blog will only have the insight from James 1 because I had a lot, a lot to say.

1. Look at temptation with joy in knowing that my faith will grow and develop and I will become closer
to God.

2. Look at temptation with joy in also knowing that I will have patience and with patience comes
perfection and as a result I will want for nothing. (James 1:2-4)
*this stood out for me because I am always desiring material things such as money because it is
the cause of a lot of my worry and stress in life. I'm also always looking for instant gratification/
results for example, my hair growing overnight or everything fall into place like a job and grad
school.

3. When I lack wisdom/knowledge ask it of the God but only in faith, an unwavering faith.

4. Do not look at the rich with jealousy/hatred/contempt/desire to be like them, but rejoice in knowing
that as a poor being of low degree I am exalted for just as the Sun's heat withers away the most
beautiful of flowers so will a rich man's possessions.

5. "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of
life..." James 1:12
*this helps me to know that the more I am tempted by the devil with earthly things and evil
thoughts the closer I am getting to God and the harder Satan is having to work to pull me away.







6. You cannot say that you have been tempted by God because he does not tempt you with Evil. So
when you are tempted kow that it is only SATAN trying to keep you from God.

7. LUST ==> SIN ==> DEATH

8. Every human should be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath. (James 1:19)
* this was really big for me because I am always quick to think that everyone is out to hurt or get
me. So I'm always on the defensive or approach things with a negative outlook. This helped
me to realize that I need to stop and think about what is being said, who is saying it, where they
may be coming from and truly think before I speak which in turns reduces the frequency of me
getting upset.

9. Be a DOER of the Word not a hearer. For only hearing you are deceiving yourself and not reaching
your full capability.

10. Vain religion is when you speak of your religiousness but deceive your own heart.

11. Pure religion is only when one can walk and live in this earth/world but not be of this world. Do not
let this world corrupt you because here we have no continuing city but we seek one to come
(Hebrews 13:14). Don't let earthly troubles or matters (money, men, relationships, food, clothes,
fame, status, hair, etc..) cloud your judgment, blind you from what matters and most importantly
KEEP you from God. (James 1:27)

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.