Dreams


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments

Dreams by Langston Hughes


Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.





This has now become one of my favorite poems. It describes exactly how I feel in this moment. I have been so stuck on being a serious, dedicated spiritual aspirant that I have let life pass me by. I have been so focused on having a spiritual routine down and not letting anything or anyone come in between that, that I have not lived the blessed life that I have. I have not completely enjoyed all the wonderful people that I have in my life.


There is a stigma that if one chooses the spiritual path, then there is no point in being in society anymore. That the world has nothing to offer you. I believe that's wrong. I've been trying to fall into that stigma and because of it I'm missing out. I've read and watched movies about other people living out their dreams despite all of the turmoil and chaos and dark times in their life. I've continually watched and read about others fulfilling their dreams and done nothing about my own. I've only been an observant to life, to my dreams. Can I not live out mines and still be dedicated to my path?


I feel as though, if I continue down this road, the journey of my dreams will end up like the Hughes' poem describes barren and broken.  



Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.