My Thoughts on James 2


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments

Inside the mind of ME on James 2

1. Treat every person equally for we all are children of God, no matter if they are rich or poor, educated or not, cute or ugly.

2. When you are partial to one (poor or "inferior") you become judges of evil thoughts and are a transgressor of the law.

3. Although they may not be rich with things of this earth they are rich in something much greater and permanent, FAITH.

4. Faith alone CANNOT save you.

5. "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James 2:17.

6. "Yea a man may say, Thou hast faith and I have works; shew me thy faith without works and I will shew thee my faith by my works." James 2:18

7. Abraham, the friend of God, had an unwavering, blinding and strong faith that even he performed works, maybe the ultimate work of offering up his son Isaac at the altar. So why should I be exempt???

8. It is with works that your faith is made perfect. (James 2:22)

9. Even Rahab the harlot was considered righteous by God for her WORKS. Even though her earthly status was "lowly" and looked down upon.

10. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2:26

The main lesson that I received from this chapter was that I cannot just claim to believe and have faith in God. It is like the old saying "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS." I have to make a lifestyle change that not only affects my mentality but my actions and decisions I make as well.

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.