My Thoughts on James 3


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments



1. If one can watch what they say they can control their whole body for the mouth is hard to tame.

2. Analogy to how we simply feed the horse and from that we're able to control the entire body.(James3:3)

3. "But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:8

4. "Out of the same mouth proceedeth, blessing and cursing. My brethren these things ought not to be." James 3:10

5. Just as a fountain cannot send forth sweet and bitter or fresh and salt water alike, your mouth cannot be both good and evil. It can only be one or the other. Sooner or later the fresh water will be consumed in salt, so the mouth will become consumed with evil.
*this was one of the main thoughts that lead me to the conclusion that I did not need to gossip or
make sexual inuendos or any crude jokes.

6. Wisdom from the earth is sensual and devilish and contributes to envy, strife and evil works.

7. Whereas pure wisdom can only come from God and is peaceable, gentle and easy and full of good works. Free of hypocrisy. Seek not wisdom of this world, but the wisdom that God has given you. (James 3:14-17).

8. As long as I continue to let evil things come out of my mouth sooner or later there will be no good left in me to say.

This gave me a lot to think about because I knew words were powerful but I never realized how powerful they can be within myself and in my relationship with God.


Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.