Becoming A Citizen Again :-(


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments


As most of you may know, my time in Bangkok, Thailand has ended. Unfortunately, I did not and was not able to write as much as I wanted too. I must say towards the end, around January/February, I became extremely depressed nad wanted to come home so badly. I began to hate everything about Thailand, my room, the people, the food, the traffic, the environment, everything... I made a calendar to scratch off the days until I came back home.



When I tell you it was bad, it was bad. Even my body was beginning to react physically to being in Thailand. It was like my body was telling me..."Its time to go, Nichollette, it's time to go." But as happens with most, as the time to leave gets nearer...it finally hit me that I was seriously leaving Bangkok, Thailand for good and more than likely never, ever coming back. But you know what, I really wasn't that sad...like I really wasn't sad at all. The only thing that I truly regretted was not being able to travel, experience and buy as much as I had hoped.



Now don't get me wrong, I won't miss the Thai people themselves, but I will miss the people and friendships that I have formed while living there. But luckily, we're from the states and we can arrange to keep in contact and visit each other from time to time. I hope that we will never lose the bonds we fortified in Thailand.



But Yayyyy to being back in the good ole U S of A. There wasn't a culture shock like everyone had said it would be. I didn't feel weird driving to go see my mom or seeing the neighborhoods. The only thing I felt weird about was being able to cook my own food in an ACTUAL kitchen and being able to play with my baby, Lexi (aka my dog, lol). Maybe I just trained and dreamed about coming back so much that it wasn't as much of a shock as it would be for most.



But you know what guys, I wasn't welcomed the way I thought I would be. I was expecting for everyone to be extremely excited to have me back. I don't know if it is because everyone has their own life now or that everyone is still living in a recession or if I forgot that I should never have expectations of anyone but I have to be honest that I was slightly hurt. I know they love me and care about me dearly but...IDK...maybe I'm going crazy or doing too much.....



--Signed...Confused.....

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.