Attitude of Spiritual Gratitude


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments







Over the past few months, I have had extended periods of appreciation. I get these sudden bursts of emotions that evoke the utmost sincerity for my life and all the people in it.

I look at the trees with utmost respect and admiration. I gaze at the sky just happy to be able to look and look at its limitlessness. I smile at my dog with so much love and appreciation at how she has stuck by me in my ugliest and most evil of days.

I take a trip down memory lane and thank the universe, I thank God for the many blessings that have been bestowed upon me and the many obstacles that never made it to my peripheral vision.

I thank God for all of the guidance from past lives that have allowed for me to have enough good karma to be born a human, to want to know the truth, to want to merge and realize my oneness with God. To have enough karma, to make the step towards vegetarianism, for my compassion for the underprivileged and impoverished living beings in this world, human and non-human.

I thank God for sending me my few current friends that truly are MY friends. That have not backed down despite all of my deviations from normal. . For keeping in contact with me, when at times all I could care about was myself. For staying there for me, when I thought I was too good. For putting a mirror in front of my face, every single time I tried to run away from it. For sticking it out and continuing to try and get to know me no matter how rude and inconsiderate I was of them for seemingly no reason at all. That have been my Jacob in a variety of situations and still continue to do so. I love you beyond words, beyond description. Thank you for being my FRIENDS.

I thank my parents for having the strength and desire to take care of me and not give me up. To raise me and provide me with a life that was better than their own. To sacrifice their happiness and desires for the sake of mines. For supporting me throughout all of my phases and for continuing to support me through the ones who have made a permanent place in my heart. For supporting me on things, that they don't agree with themselves. For loving me in spite of all the ill treatment I have sent their way. For loving me and providing for me when I did not appreciate it when in all reality they didn't have to do a thing. I love you and appreciate you from the deepest depth of my soul. Without you and the good karma you've collected,  I would have never arrived at this point of love and respect.

I thank Arihantas, Siddhas, Acharya's, Great Teachers and Spiritual Practioners for all of the guidance, positive energy and blessings that they have bestowed upon me. For all the lessons, and subtle hints both verbally and "soul"fully that have been given to me. I thank them for the protection from collecting more bad karma that could have kept me from the truth, from God, from myself. I thank them for bestowing upon me the 3 greatest gifts of all time, a human life, the desire to know and realize God and to find a REAL, GENUINE, living ENLIGHTENED master that can help me get there.

I have been blessed beyond all measure. Lately, I just can't stop thinking about it all. Everytime I do, the gratitude just gets deeper and deeper, stronger and stronger and more intense.

We are all blessed beyond measure, even in times of darkness so dark that it is blinding.

So take the time to think and reflect on the blessings you have been given. Remember that no blessing is ever to small to be overlooked. Each one has shaped who you are, has given rise to another blessing and another blessing.

What are you Thankful for???

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.