Follow Up to the Banana Recipe


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on , ,

No comments


So the plan to use bananas to help with the moisturization of my hair did not turn out too well. As I stated in my previous post, I was not able to find bananas in baby food form. I tried to try out the recipe without the bananas and add yogurt to the mix. Here are the specific quantities that I used for each ingredient:



4 tbsps plain yogurt

2 tbsps honey

2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil

150 ml coconut cream





This mixture was sooooooooo runny. You would think that with it being coconut cream and yogurt that it would have a creamy texture. Unfortunately, I could have just bought coconut milk and had the same result. I don't know if it was a translation error, but that was not coconut cream. I was highly upset, but tried to remain positive and thought "hmmmm, i have an empty spray bottle maybe I can put it in there and just spray it on." This was a disaster, I had to use several items to get the mixture from the bowl to the spray bottle and then when I tried to apply it, the mixture was TOO THICK to come through the spraying apparatus. Can we say perturbed??? (hehehe although the pic below doesn't look like it. I was trying to stay positive lol.)






Finally, I was resolved to just try and put the liquid into my hands and apply it that way. At first it wasn't going to bad and then the drippage began. It flowed and flowed and flowed and then began to POUR heavily down my face. Don't get me it smelled amazing like pie, but it was so sticky and when the water began to evaporate or dry or whatever it began curdling the towel that it was dripping on and the yogurt made the smell very sour. I had to try and use my shower cap to catch the drippage and wrap my head with TWO towels to try and catch everything and keep my head tilted back. In the end I laid down on my back for one hour!!!






Basically the point is DO NOT use coconut milk or cream in liquid form. Luckily for me after, the horrible mess I was able to find a couple of ways to get the coconut milk to thicken up. What you have to do is cut a small hole in the carton or container that the coconut milk comes in and leave it in the refrigerator for a few days before you plan on applying it. This is supposed to produce the effect of curdling and allows for the milk to become a cream and allow for it to adhere to the hair better.



I tried to leave it on for at least one hour and a half but I couldn't do it. My limit was one hour. I rinsed it out and needless to say my hair was so so. My hair was softer after the pre poo recipe that I use before washing my hair.



The end result, a complete and utter mess and IF, IF I do this again I will definitely find a way to add bananas and make sure to curdle the mix days before I use it.

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.