The 25 Campaign...Why It Means So Much...


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments





Dear Followers and Visitors,





If you have been following my blog or exploring the various content available, this entry is very out of the ordinary from the content to the timing and more.





I have recently decided to join the Invisible Children "25" Campaign. This quick and sudden decision may seem rash and not well thought out...and in some ways it is, but for the most part it is not.





Throughout my life, I have always prided myself on being a compassionate individual always wanting to do for others instead of myself. And at one point in time, I thought of this trait as a downfall, a weakness and opportunity to change. With time and much meditation, I have come to realize it's simply who I am and what I'm meant to do.





It has influenced many of my lifelong decisions, from all the volunteer work I did prior to college, during college, why I joined a sorority to why I one day plan on going back to grad school to get my degree.





But I've neglected this, neglected who I am for far too long and just watched and listened to the tragedies and sadness that plagues our world. And I finally had my AH-HA moment where it clicked to quit talking, quit watching and start doing.





Now I could easily just take a paycheck or two and donate, but that would be meaningless, purposeless. I've join this cause not only to raise money, but to spread the word, to inform and open the eyes of others. So I'm putting in the work, not just for money but to spark a fire in someone who will spark another and another, so that slowly we can change this world.



My lifelong vocation of service begins with this campaign, but will continue until I take my last breath.

If this has touched you in any way, please go to my fundraising page and donate whatever you can no matter how small or big at http://ic.stayclassy.org/member/ic-fundraising?fcid=51027 ....and share my efforts.






Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.