In the Beginning....


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments

So I still consider myself to be new to blogging...Although I did begin somewhat of a website while I was living in Thailand and it is still up and running right now. I've decided to do a straight blog instead of website, simply because that's all the website really was, and because the web host I was using limited my storage space greatly. At least hear, I can write and write and post as many pics as I want without having to worry about storage space.

At this moment I find myself in a rut....I was living in Thailand for about 8 months and of course during that last month I had found my niche...but was still ready to come home and now that I'm home I want to go back. I feel like there is nothing and no one here for me except my family. If it was not for them I think I would have taken another teaching assignment in Korea somewhere .

I never knew how much I had changed until I came back home and it finally hit me that I really didn't want anyone to know that I was back home because I felt as though I was not the person that they had come to like. Not saying that I'm better or worse...or that I feel superior to anyone its just that I appreciate different things these days and could care less about others.

Those things that I care less about are the things that matter to those people. I don't know how to balance the two. The friends that I have come to love while I was in Thailand and still do told me this would happen. They told me that I would find out who my friends were and that nothing would be the same when I got back and they were right. I don't want to be here in Texas, I want to be with my two friends that I have come to truly love and miss in sunny California.

They really mean a lot to me and have shown me the true face of friendship.

So as I sit here, I'm having to reinvent who I am and how I can maintain the changes and progress I made in Thailand, here in the United States. I have to keep the focus I had so that I don't lose myself to the superficiality and materiality of the United States and some of the people in it.

I just pray that I find and am able to appreciate happiness.

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.