I'm Changing


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on , ,

No comments


I’m Changing…

India is forcing me to change…

As I was riding back from an amazing late lunch at Little Italy in Jaipur, I realized that I am not the same person anymore…I’ve changed.

I no longer see things the way I used to anymore…Or rather I do actually SEE things now…I don’t know exactly how to explain it.

I’m like an observer to my life, to my emotions, to my thoughts and yet I’m still the doer, the actor that orchestrates them…But there is a subtle difference to how I react and perceive what is happening…

I say all of this because I thought I was still the same person and today I realized I am not. When the officials at the Foreign Registration Office told me that the documents I had brought to them were not valid in their district, I became mad, sad, angry and desperate like most people probably would. But this time was different. I allowed myself to feel what was happening to me and I accepted my emotions as genuinely apart of who I am, but at the same time I knew this was not me.  And instead of letting those emotions grow to the point of overwhelming me…I let them dissipate. I knew they were there, but it was like the observer side of me was informing the actor that it was okay. Things like this happen, go ahead and cry and then try to enjoy the rest of your day.

It was kind of weird…but relieving…

This thought process has been going on for the past few days…I get sad or lonely and then the observer comes out and doesn’t allow for me to dwell….And I’m glad it does, because if it hadn’t I wouldn’t have enjoyed my full course Italian meal or appreciated the coolness in the air from the monsoon rains of Jaipur and I wouldn’t have been grateful for the driver that took me to my late lunch and waited for me despite me telling him not too…I wouldn’t have been cordial with him as he was telling me about the other foreigners he has driven for and I wouldn’t have been perfectly content and happy to look at his service book after dropping me off and most importantly, I wouldn’t be enjoying the beautiful sounds of the light raindrops and thunder while typing this very blog post to share with all of you…

I’m changing, not dramatically or at the speed of light, but subtly and gradually I’m changing…

I’m changing for the better…

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.