Starting Over...Again


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on , ,

No comments



It has been an EXTREMELY long time since I have posted a blog about my travels and experiences in India. It has already been 2 months!!! I can't believe it.  But to try and play catch up would be a monstrous task. SOOOO much has happened to me and not all of it good. A matter of fact I would say that 75% has been beyond crappy and the other 25% has been so so...Never mind I'll correct that…75% has been crappy, 20% has been so so and 5% has actually been good.




I thought being in India would allow for me to rediscover or recapture rather spiritual energy and to get closer to my final goal. But after 2 months, my spiritual path has been shaken and stirred. What was once slightly paved has now regressed to a field. Not even a path can be seen from other's footsteps.  It is a fresh field of foliage waiting for a path to be laid out.  I have had strangers challenge my ideas and others make me question what my path should look like...what I want my path to look like and who I want to be. Stranger have helped me to see the beauty of living in a material world and how Earth can be heaven. Loved ones have hurt and betrayed me. And a close male friend that I thought would potentially become more than that gets further and further away.




I have arrived at a point where there is no way to turn the situation around other than to start over. With that,  I will say the first major lesson I've learned from India is knowing when to cut your losses and just begin a new. Sometimes a house just gets too mirky, too run down that there is no way to clean it, no way to repair it. The only thing you can do is pack up your things and find  a new home….That is what I'm doing…




I've realized that there are certain people, certain spiritual practices, goals and destinations that no longer have a place in my life...It is time for me to start over…




Luckily, I'm in the perfect place to do it. In India, away from family, friends and familiarity. I'm forced to find things on my own, make my own decisions and be my own person.  And I have the added bonus of being surrounded by young Indian women my age that have made a very big decision to lead an ascetic life. And they like me! They really like me!




I'm starting over in more ways than one and in what ways will be saved for another post...


Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.