Oneness With Nature


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on , ,

No comments


The movie Avatar has so many spiritual lessons for me; being the animal and nature lover that I am. However, I'm not going to expound or list every single lesson that I have learned from Avatar (although that could be a good series one day), but there is one in particular that I would like to share .



After Jake Sulley has successfully proven to Neytiri that he is ready to become a hunter and choose his own Iklaan, He and other warriors in training are taken to the Hallelujah Mountains for the ceremony of choosing their iklaan. 



Although the entire ritual is scary considering that the one that is his is the one that tries to kill him, the moment of "sahelu" or bondage is one of the most beautiful scenes and lessons from the movie….The  bond...The bond that humans have with nature. Once we are bonded to nature there is no turning back.  You are forever changed.



I have not realized my oneness with nature beyond what my material senses can understand, but I know my connection with mother nature goes much much deeper. And every time I watch this scene of Avatar I'm reminded of that for the remainder of the movie. 



The moment the iklaan stops fighting Jake its eyes opens as if it has come to a divine revelation and it becomes calm. I wonder if my realization of the oneness I have with nature will be the same. If I will have this overwhelming sense of calm and peace when I do.



Consequently, Jake begins to truly understand all of the nature "mambo jambo" that Neytiri has been trying to explain to him for months. It was like a light clicked inside of him and all the messages, all the insights that Neytiri was sharing about the cyclical and dependent relationship between humans and nature became clear. How humans have a responsibility to keep balance between them and the natural world and how everything and everyone is connected.  I believe the very same lessons that Neytiri was trying to teach Jake Sulley, but that's my motivation...I believe...And I know longer want to believe...I want to know and the only way to know is to experience.



If there are any ideas on how I can do this or books or individuals that could help me I would be extremely grateful.



Do you believe in the interconnectedness of humans, animals and nature? What do you think the relationship should be between them?

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.