Life's Plan


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on , ,

No comments


On August 1, 2012, I decided to make a concerted effort to let go and flow. But more specifically to let go of my ideas, perceptions and beliefs and flow in the direction of life. It is now August 12, 2012 and it is only today that I realize why just flowing is so hard for me and may possibly be the same reason for anyone who is reading this.

Have you ever gotten upset because something just didn’t go your way? And I don’t mean huge life decisions like securing a job or buying a house. I actually am talking about every day, mundane decisions that for many are insignificant and trivial. I’m talking about when you’re relaxing in your room or a hotel or a nice cafĂ© and you have your mouth fixed for that favorite dish or delicious cup of tea or your little brother disturbs you with loud music. And it takes everything in you not to go off or be vindictive or let it truly bother  you that they don’t have what YOU want…Hopefully I’m not the only person who has ever felt this way…

But today I realized the connection between this “trivial” anger and flowing with life…At least for me…

Although I decided to make more of an effort to let go and flow on August 1, it was on August 11, 2012 that I made the VOW to put more efforts towards flowing. I don’t want to be at odds with natural happenings of life. I no longer want to get upset or bothered by life not going according to plan. I no longer want to let one hiccup in the plan ruin my entire day or outlook of that day.

And it hit me as reception called to say that I cannot have MY chana masala because they do not serve it until dinner. I went downstairs to figure out why as the menu stated otherwise and his explanation was that it wasn’t because they don’t serve it at this time but rather they ran out of chana masala. I went back upstairs to decide my next plan of action. And that’s when it hit me. I was bothered because they didn’t have what I wanted. I was bothered because they didn’t have MY chana masala. I was bothered because lunch was occurring as I WANTED. (I know there are overwhelming hints of attachment here, but let’s not focus on that now…baby steps ;-) Things were not going the way I wanted them to go. I was holding onto MY.

I was not letting go and just flowing with the natural happenings of life. I was planning on “getting back” at the hotel and ordering from a restaurant that would deliver and never ordering from the restaurant again…BAAMMM…there goes the unnecessary tension and upset that I so desperately want to let go of. It was as I entered my room to order that “MY” was in the way of flowing. So instead of me seeking revenge for the lack of “MY CHANA MASALA” I just ordered something else and understood that it was okay. Restaurants run of products all the time no matter where you are in the world.

And as a result of me letting go of MY, I ended up having a wonderful relaxed evening. I ended up laughing and smiling about the smallest of things and was just…happy…

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.