Spirituality and Society = Water and Oil


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments


Spirituality and Society are similar to oil and water at times.  Sometimes it seems as if the two don’t mix and never can. I’ve been experiencing moments such as these for the past 2 weeks or so. I have been going from one extreme to the next. Hopping around from one side of the spectrum to the other without ever touching down in the middle. Either I’ve been way too spiritual or I’ve been plunged into the deep dark depths of society.



One may ask, “way too spiritual,” how can this be? And the answer is through lack of balance. There is such a thing as going overboard on spirituality. Taking part in too many spiritual practices without having any down time, can be detrimental to your well-being.  Extreme spirituality is harmful. 

Luckily I learned this way before, I ever went too far.  So when I tried to back off a bit and find that middle ground. I couldn’t instead I went all the way right field and almost forgot about my spiritual path. I started doubting things, beliefs, myself and my current goals. I even began to question my teacher.  It wasn’t a peachy place.  I wasn’t eating healthy, watching tons and tons of television, listening to a lot of music with no meaning or substance behind it and falling back into the few illusions that I had managed to break through.

 I see why so much emphasis is put on how to be spiritual in society, because it is hard. Not to say that it can’t be done, but it is hard. I’ve learned this…for lack of a better word…the hard way.

The one thing that I can say is that I’m surviving it. Unlike most, I keep coming back. I may not always do what I say I am concerning my spiritual path, or follow the plans and routines that I so carefully map out or maintain the same level of enthusiasm and energy for my path. But so far, I keep coming back to it. Although it is very trying, tiring and somewhat frustrating to keep coming back to the same place, to continually flow through this cycle.  I’m happy and grateful that my soul is strong enough to direct me back to my practices, to my path, to my soul, to God. 

Because of that I know that I’m strong enough to stay on this spiritual train.  I’m capable of overcoming whatever rock or obstacle that may try to derail me or take me off my tracks. That I can and will do anything to keep coming back to myself.
***One thing, I just realized while editing this post is that oil rises to the top of water. Just like our emotions and feelings are at the surface of soul's ocean, we must dive into the deep of our consciousness past the emotions. I have to dive deep past the surface of the ocean, the oil of society into the deep waters of my soul....So here I go....****

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.