LOVE...the Beginning, the During and the End


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

No comments

Now I know this may seem extremely farfetched, but I’m going to go for it anyway. I just got through re-reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and one very wise thing that Professor Dumbledore always says stuck out and touched me.  This very wise thing was on the topic of love. He says and I quote:






“Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign…to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some
protection forever. It is in your very skin. Quirrell, full of hatred, greed, and ambition, sharing his soul with Voldemort, could not touch you for this reason. It was agony to touch a person marked by something so good.”





Isn’t that kind of love, something? Love that surpasses all the senses that even though it lies within in you, present in every nook and cranny of your being, you are still blind to it. This is what fills every living being created. Love.

I don’t mean the love that you feel romantically towards another person or living being because even that can be tainted. But love, with its genuine and divine purity, so powerful that no amount of evil can change it.  

When someone who is pure and then covered with a layer of this divine, powerful love cannot even be touched by anything bad or tainted is blinded it makes me wonder If I can get to that level of purity.  This to me is the goal of the human life. To get rid of all that bad karma, toxins, ego, pessimistic ways of thinking, bad habits, pride, jealousy and even more negativities that encase you to the point that there is nothing left. True Purification. All stains bleached clean to where the only thing left is the invisible layer of divine love so embedded in you that you can never get rid of it and now so visible that you can see it.

Who doesn’t want to experience that?

To know and have this kind of love for all living beings leaves absolutely no room for hatred. No room or logic or reasoning for killing another life for your sake of enjoyment or tearing down a tree for a concrete luxury condo, no room for polluting one of the major resources that allows you to take another breathe,  no room for revenge or jealousy towards family or friends, no room for scheming or ill feelings towards someone or something else, no room to harbor hate to plot against another innocent soul, no room left for compassion and REAL LOVE for all not to have a space in your heart.

This is the love that I strive for each and every day, no matter how many times I may fail. This is the love that I want in my life,  not that of humans. This love is what started me on my journey, this is the love that keeps me on my path and this is the love, once experienced and realized will be the my destination.

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.