..............


posted by Aspiring To Be...Me on ,

5 comments

For the past few months, I have been dealing with difficulties. Not serious issues such as life threatening health diagnoses or eviction from my house, but continual, little challenges in everyday in every moment. Sometimes, I think those challenges are worse in some ways. Simply because they never let up or at least that seems to be the case with me. Everyday has become a struggle. A struggle to get out of my bed, to go to school, get dressed....it's has become a struggle to lead my life. Even my dog is struggling with her life. We are both in so much pain (is this a coincidence?). Just when it seems that things may let up for the both of us, we're brought back down.

I've tried to come up with methods to make it better. I've created a positivity wall, made a list of reminders of inspirational videos and blogs, but nothing seems to work. I have always prided myself on my capabilities to organize and think my way through life's problems. They have always worked in the past, but I'm slowly arriving at the point to where nothing I come up with works. My ideas have kind of become alcoholic in some ways. They relieve the suffering, take me away from my issues for a very short period of time, but they don't last. They don't produce any long term effect to just take....this....away. I can't even describe this I'm so confused and uncertain and just flat out have no idea what to do.

I've read blogs and websites that may describe what I'm going through as the infamous Dark Night of the Soul. But I'm so clouded that I have no idea what to call...this...If this is the Dark Night, the solution that I've read to getting out of it is so abstract, soooo....in the air that it gives me no way of truly bringing some light into my life.

I've heard and read that you should just embrace the pain or whatever emotions arise. That they are coming to the surface for a reason. That I fully get, but how in the world am I supposed to embrace it? How do I understand them? How do I figure out where they're coming from so I can truly begin to be free from my emotions, my thoughts? The solutions to this Dark Night are just too abstract...too I don't know surreal for me to even figure out a way to embrace it.

Another word that has been used is surrendering to the emotions that arise; to the loneliness, the sadness, the anger, the frustration, the impatience. But again I ask, HOW DOES ONE DO THIS? I sit in sadhana saying silently or just thinking silently, "Come on emotions, why I are you here?" and then I just sit silently trying not to put forth any efforts and nothing.

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I just don't know how to be anymore. I don't know how to surrender, how to embrace or how to keep going. I just don't know.....

It's also been said that when the soul is ready to come out of it, it will. It won't be as quick or easy as I would like. But when my soul is ready to come out of this stage it will. Although, I still don't know what in the world to do something happened today that gave me just the tiniest bit of light into whatever this is.

My mother is not a devout Bible thumping Christian woman, but from time to time the Southern Baptist Woman rises her head. Today as I'm ranting, not really ranting because I'm passed that, but emotionally explaining...that's it...emotionally explaining my cloudy life to her she says to me and I quote,

"You remember that song that they always sing in church. You know the one that goes 'He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there right on time..."

And I say,

"Yes ma'am....I tell ya He's an on time God...Yes He is."

Even though she's speaking in a Christian context, because of my belief that all religions are speaking of the same God of the same divinity...It made think for just a slight second that Soul will come out of it when it's ready...and me wanting it to end now...may not really be me...maybe it's just ego....I still don't know, but it helped a little today to hear that from my Southern Baptist of a Mom...

5 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.