Silent Spiritual Sundays or S3 for Short ;-)


posted by Manjusha on ,

No comments

In December of 2012, I decided to incorporate more silence into my life. I made this choice because I noticed a change in myself and a heightened awareness of myself when I'm not talking. And in many ways, I've come to enjoy it very much. For some reason when I'm practicing silence, I'm more calm, relaxed and at peace. I also tend to see the beauty in things and in people more.

I'm not sure if its because the mind is working as much because it doesn't have to think of what to say or how to say things. But when I'm silent and I take a walk outside the sun is much brighter, the trees a little prettier and my precious little Lexi more sweeter. Everything is just better when I'm not talking.

I wanted to be reminded of this peace that I gain from silence. I wanted to have this presene of peace be a little more pervading and frequent in my life. So I've decided to take go into complete silence one day out of the week. And Sunday is the perfect day. It's right before my work week begins a new. So it gives me time to reflect on my Self and relax before all the craziness begins.

This is also my day to have fun and do the things that I actually want to do like blog, read, watch inspiring movies, journal and do more spiritual practices. It's kind of like my all-in-one day for spirituality when the other days of the week kind of push it aside. But what I actually do on these days vary. Some S3 days may be more "spiritual" than others, only in the sense that I may actually do more "formal" sadhana than I do on other days.

Some days I may just sit around reading and watching movies all day just trying to be and enjoy myself. Other days I may go on an adventure to a local park and try and walk across the frozen creek. I try to let these days be open and flowing with whatever I feel like doing at that moment. This way I'm attempting to tip the scale. To balance my hectic life as a graduate student attempting to finish her thesis, take classes and work while taking the time to smell the roses ;-)

And I plan on sharing these days with you through pictures and not words (duh silence ;-). Some days I may take more pics than on others and some days I may not take any at all. But hopefully whatever pics you see, you will get a taste of the beauty my eyes are more open to and a good feel of what my S3 days are really about.

Leave a Reply

Content Disclaimer

LightofManjusha © All Rights Reserved. July 17 2012.